For our privacy practices in relation to our services, we refer you to the agreement as may be concluded between us.
Article 1 - Utopix Pictures SA
“We”, “us” or “our” means Utopix Pictures SA, with its registered office at Avenue des Rossignols, 5 1310 La Hulpe Belgium and company number BE0679.670.783. We act as controller for the personal data we gather through your use of our website.
By mail: email@example.com
By post: Avenue des Rossignols, 5 1310 La Hulpe Belgium
Article 2 - Personal Data
Personal data is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Identifiable refers to identifiers (such as name, identification number, location data, etc.), that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a natural person.
The personal data we collect, is collected and used for the purposes as listed hereunder:
- - In the event you use the contact form on our website, we will use your personal data in order to reply to your query, via e-mail or telephone.
- - In the event you engage in a transaction with us, we collect your personal information in order to process the minimum required information, to make or process a payment for the purchase of services, to provide you with our services and permit us to send you your orders, quotes or to contact you.
- - In case you register for an event, your e-mail address and contact data will be used in order to send you an invitation & follow up on the event.
- - In case you request a login and password to register on the platform https://accounts.utopix.com/en/login? service=https://profile.utopix.com
- - We process your personal data for the purpose of supporting the website and enhancing your user experience, which includes ensuring the security, availability, performance, capacity and health of the website.
- - We process your personal data to enforce or exercise any rights that are available to us based on the applicable law, such as use for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- - We may also use your personal data to fulfil our obligations as set out by the applicable law.
The following categories of personal data can be distinguished:
- - Contact data: in the event you make use of the contact form, you will be asked to provide the following information: name, address, e-mail address, and any personal data that you choose to put in the designated blank field (please do not provide us with any sensitive information, such as health information, information pertaining to criminal convictions, or credit card/account numbers). This is information that is provided directly by you.
- - The legal basis for the processing of your personal data can be legitimate interest (optimization of the website experience, security, fraud detection), the execution of a contract (in case you engage with us as part of a contract for the execution of one or more services). In the event the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is consent, you will, at all times, have the right to withdraw your consent. This will, however, not affect the lawfulness of any processing done prior to the withdrawal of consent.
- - In the event the legal basis for processing is our legitimate interests the public interest, you will have the right to object to such processing, as set out in article related to “Rights” below. Your personal data will solely be used for the purposes as set out in this article.
Article 3 – Data Retention, Data Deletion
Your personal information will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the specified purpose above. However, considering it is not possible for us to specify a period in advance, the period of retention will be determined as follows: retention will be determined based upon a legal requirement to retain the data, legitimate interest and the necessity to keep the data for the specified purpose.
In the event you withdraw your consent or you object to our use of your personal data, and such objection is successful, we will remove your personal data from our databases.
Please note that we will retain the personal data necessary to ensure your preferences are respected in the future.
The foregoing will, however, not prevent us from retaining any personal data if this is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, in order to file a legal claim or defend ourselves against a legal claim, or for evidential purposes.
Article 4 - Rights
This article lists your principal rights under data protection law. We have tried to summarize them for you in a clear and legible way.
The right to access
You have the right to receive from us a copy of your personal data we have in our possession, provided that this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if you request further copies on a regular basis.
The right to rectification
If the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information rectified or, taking into account the purposes of the processing, completed.
The right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
In some circumstances, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data. Those circumstances include:
- - The personal data are no longer needed in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- - You withdraw your consent, and no other lawful ground exists;
- - The processing is for direct marketing purposes;
- - The personal data have been unlawfully processed; or,
- - Erasure is necessary for compliance with EU law or Belgian law. There are certain exclusions to the right to erasure. Those exclusions include where processing is necessary, for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
The right to restrict processing;
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data (meaning that the personal data may only be stored by us and may only be used for limited purposes), if:
- - You contest the accuracy of the personal data (and only for as long as it takes to verify that accuracy);
- - The processing is unlawful, and you request restriction (as opposed to exercising the right to erasure);
- - We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or,
- - You have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection.
- - In addition to our right to store your personal data, we may still otherwise process it but only with your consent, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
We will inform you before we lift the restriction of processing.
The right to data portability
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent or a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
You also have the right to have your personal data transferred directly to another company, if this is technically possible, and/or to store your personal data for further personal use on a private device.
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for:
The performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; The purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
The right to complain to a supervisory authority
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. In Belgium, you can submit a complaint to the Authority for the protection of personal:
- - By mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - By phone: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
- - By post: Rue de la Presse 35, B-1000 Brussels Belgium
Via their web site:
- FR: https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/citoyen/agir/introduire-une-plainte
- NL: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/burger/acties/klacht-indienen
Article 5 – Personal Data Communication
In order to provide you with our website, we work with service provider to process and store your personal information. We use the following categories of service providers:
- - Cloud Storage
- - SaaS (ePlatform Proseeder, etc.)
We may also disclose your personal data in the event such disclosure is required or necessary in order to fulfil a legal obligation. We may also disclose personal data in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interest of another natural person.
As such, we do not disclose your personal data to our social media partners. We do, however, make use of social media plugins to direct you to our social media channels and to allow you to interact with our content.
These social media channels are (LinkedIn and Twitter). In the event you click such link, such social media service provider may collect personal data about you and may link this information to your existing profile on such social media.
We are not responsible for the use of your personal data by such social media service provider. In such case, the social media service provider will act as controller. For your information only, we have included the relevant links (these may be changed from time to time by the relevant service provider):
Article 6 – International transfers
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
Article 7 – Cookies
We use first party and third-party cookies: First party cookies are cookies created by the Website itself. These cookies are used to optimize your user-experience. Third party cookies are cookies created by parties other than the Website. Third party cookies in relation to our Website are Twitter, LinkedIn and Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool which helps us understand how you engage with the Website. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report Website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘_ _ _ ga’ cookie.
A further distinction can be made between the following types of cookies:
- - Necessary cookies: These are required for the operation of our Website. They include for example cookies that enable you to log in.Our necessary cookies are named here: __cfduid addtoany.com
- - Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze our web traffic, to see the number of users of our Website and how the users navigate through our Website. We do not make use of any Analytical/performance cookies on Utopix.com
- - Functional cookies: These cookies ‘remember’ the choices you made on our Website (e.g. language preference) making the Website more user-friendly and enhancing your user experience. We do not make use of any functional cookies on Utopix.com
- - Targeting cookies: These show us the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, making advertisements more relevant to your interests. We do not make use of any targeting cookies on Utopix.com
- - Email newsletters related cookies: our site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- - Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.